Friday 19 January 2018

Scratch-built Spaceship deck bases

New year, new army is pretty much the curse of any tabletop gamer or miniature collector.
Got some new projects to develop this year and started planing and preparing some bases to go with them.
The most difficult part of basing is figuring out the theme that you want to go with and stick to it. After much back and forth I went with Spaceship deck bases in warm colours to contrast with the minis.

Used loads of bits and kits that I had on my bits box and some greenstuff and did these.


Ready to paint.



The bases are pretty much as flat as they can get so that I can stick any figure with little hassle. I will build the volumes with colour gradients.

First batch done.

Its been a while since I did things just for myself but this year one of the main goals is to balance a bit better the commission work vs hobby work. 
Wish me luck

2 comments:

  1. Woo! I missed this post. Great work here... I wish I had stuff like this in my bitz box. My stash tends to be more "basic" which means a lot more scratch building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have waaaaaay to much stuff stored in boxes :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.